Because they are typically cheap and pretty hardy, Chromebooks are sometimes purchased as laptops for households, to be shared between mother and father and children, or handed round amongst pals. And as a result of a Chromebook could have a couple of consumer, it must have a couple of login, so that every consumer has entry to their very own private apps and content material.
Adding a brand new consumer to a Chromebook will not be troublesome. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on the button within the decrease proper nook (the one which reveals the time, battery life, and so forth.).
- Click on “Sign out” on the prime of the pop-up window.
- You’ll be introduced again to the sign-in display. At the underside left of the display, click on on the button labeled “Add Person.”
- Have the brand new consumer check in utilizing their Google account (or they’ll create a brand new account in the event that they don’t have one).
- The account’s bookmarks, historical past, passwords, and different settings can be synced to the brand new machine. If you wish to change any of these choices, test the field that reads “Review sync options following setup.” Then press “Accept and continue.”
- Okay, right here comes the Google Play phrases of service. Go forward and browse them if you’d like, after which approve them.
- There is a test field that enables all of your information to be backed as much as Google Drive. If you don’t need that to occur, uncheck the field. You may even be requested if you wish to permit the system to make use of your location (you may uncheck that field as nicely) and if you wish to evaluation your Google Play choices after setup.
- Finished? Then click on on “Accept.”
- At this level, you can be requested if you wish to join the Chromebook to your telephone so to share your web reference to the pc (that is solely out there with specific phones and Chromebooks), textual content out of your laptop, and use your telephone to unlock the Chromebook. You can click on on “Accept and continue” if you wish to do that, or click on on “No thanks” should you’d slightly not take care of it at this level.
And you’re achieved! Now, if you click on on the sign-on display, you’ll see two names. Each consumer could have their separate account, and gained’t have entry to the opposite.
If you’re now not sharing the Chromebook, you may simply take away a consumer:
- Sign out of your account so that you just’re introduced again to the sign-on display.
- Click on the downward-facing arrow subsequent to the identify of the particular person you wish to take off the pc.
- Click on “Remove this user.” You’ll be reminded that all the things related to that account, together with recordsdata and native information, can be deleted.
Keep in thoughts that, whilst you can simply take away any further customers that have been added to a system from the principle sign-on display, you can not take away the “owner” of the Chromebook (the primary particular person to create an account on it) with out utterly resetting the system.
If you wish to permit someone to make use of your Chromebook only for just a few hours slightly than for an extended time frame, it’s most likely simpler to easily have them check in as a visitor:
- Sign out of your account so that you just’re again on the sign-on display.
- Click on the “Browse as Guest” button within the decrease left nook of the display.
- To exit visitor mode, click on on the time button within the decrease proper nook of the display, after which click on on “Exit guest.”
When you’re in visitor mode, you may browse, use Bluetooth, regulate the font measurement, and so forth., however you may’t save something to the pc, and if you’re achieved, in line with Google, your recordsdata, cookies, web site information, and looking exercise can be routinely deleted.
Vox Media has affiliate partnerships. These don’t affect editorial content material, although Vox Media could earn commissions for merchandise bought through affiliate hyperlinks. For extra info, see our ethics coverage.