SANDWICH, Mass. (AP) — A utility employee has been hospitalized after receiving an electrical shock of almost 7,500 volts whereas working at a Massachusetts substation.
Sandwich Fire Chief John J. Burke mentioned Tuesday the Eversource employee suffered each entry and exit wounds from the electrical energy, together with burns to his higher and decrease extremities. The unnamed man was aware and alert when medical personnel arrived. He was taken by medical helicopter to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, the place he’s in secure situation.
A spokesman for Eversource says the worker was performing upkeep work on the substation and Eversource is wanting into the small print of what occurred. He says the corporate’s “thoughts are with him and his family at this time.”
State and native authorities are additionally investigating the incident, which occurred shortly after 8:30 a.m.