A big hearth tore via a six-unit condominium constructing in Taunton on Tuesday night time. All residents are believed to have escaped safely, however everybody was displaced by the blaze.
Firefighters have been known as to 46 Harrison St. round 8:20 p.m., based on a launch. They noticed giant flames and heavy smoke coming from the second flooring and roof of the wood-framed constructing.
The constructing’s roof caved in round 10:30 p.m. after the fireplace hit three alarms.
About 5 departments, 35 firefighters, eight engines, and two ladder vehicles have been on scene on the time.
Upon arrival, firefighters used a ladder to rescue one man from a second-floor balcony, the discharge mentioned. He didn’t want medical assist.
One firefighter was handled for a heat-related situation on the scene. They are anticipated to be OK.